The Minor in Leadership Studies is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge of
leadership theory, skills, and experience through a rigorous and multi-disciplinary program of study.
Students will complete the program by applying their knowledge and skills through a project based
experiential learning course. The minor currently comprises of two tracks – Management & Public
Policy, offered through the Institute for Leadership & Entrepreneurship at the Scheller College of
Business and the School of Public Policy at the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. Students apply
for either one of the two tracks, and upon acceptance, enter the program to begin a prescribed 15
credit hour course of study while satisfying requirements for a bachelor's degree in their major.
In order for a student to be enrolled in this minor, they must have:
• Completed at least 30 credit hours;
• have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater;
• applied for admission, and been formally admitted.
Each course counting toward the minor must be completed with a grade of C or above, with the
overall required GPA in the courses counting toward the minor being 2.75 or higher.
To apply or for more information about the Program click here.
Information about the elective courses in the Management Track and the registration timetable for
students who are non-management majors can be found here.
If you have additional questions about the MGT Track of the minor please take a moment to read
the Frequently Asked Questions section here and if you have additional questions, please contact
Once enrolled in the Minor in Leadership Studies, the requirements for the minor are the successful
completion of 15 credit hours as described below:
I. Required Course: 3 semester credit hours.
II. Track (Management): 9 semester credit hours.
III. Leadership Capstone Course: 3 semester hours
I. Each student must take the following course (3 hours):
- PUBP 4140 - Foundations of Leadership
II. Each student must take at least three among the electives listed here (9 hours): Courses listed in BOLD either have pre-requisites or other restrictions. Please check the course catalog for up to date information.
- MGT 3103 – Leadership-Changing Environments** - Pre-requisites: MGT 3101- Organizational Behavior OR MGT 3102 – Management of Human Resources OR MGT 3150 - Principles of Management.
- MGT 3150 – Principles of Management
- MGT 3662 – Management in the Healthcare Sector
- MGT 4072 – Entrepreneurial Finance** - Pre-requisites: MGT 3062 – Financial Management OR MGT 3078 – Finance and Investments.
- MGT 4102 – Management Consulting** - Pre-requisites: MGT 3101- Organizational Behavior OR MGT 3150 – Principles of Management
- MGT 4106 – Teams in Organizations** - Pre-requisites: MGT 3101- Organizational Behavior OR MGT 3150 – Principles of Management
- MGT 4116 – Gender and Ethnicity in US and Global Organizations
- MGT 4191 – Entrepreneurship Forum*
- MGT 4193 – Servant Leadership, Values and Systems
- MGT 4194 – Social Entrepreneurship
- MGT 4670 – Entrepreneurship** Pre-requisites: ACCT 2101 - Accounting I OR MGT 3300 - Marketing Management I
- MGT 4803 – Motivation and Rewards** Pre-requisites: MGT 3101 – Organizational Behavior OR MGT 3102 – Management of Human Resources
- MGT 4803 – Corporate Governance** Pre-requisites: MGT 2106 – Legal Aspects of Business
- MGT 4803 – Business Fundamentals for Social Entrepreneurs - Currently available only to participants of the Eastern European Study Abroad Program
*Students electing the Management Track can use either MGT 4191 or 4192, but not both.
**These courses require the completion of pre-requisites. Please check OSCAR for up to date information.
III. Leadership Capstone Course. Each student in the Management track must complete a
supervised capstone project (3 hours) assigned to him/her by the ILE faculty, by enrolling in MGT
4611 – Integrative Management Analysis.
All students need to fill out the Leadership Minor Petition form upon completion of the program.